Journlia follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Journlia uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
Note that Journlia has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Pary Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
CCPA Privacy Right (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to: Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers. Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected. Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following: The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service. The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete. The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions. The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions. The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions. The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Journlia does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to Contact immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Ads appearing on our website may be delivered to users by advertising partners, who may set cookies.
These cookies allow the ad server to recognize your computer each time they send you an online advertisement to compile information about you or others who use your computer.
This information allows ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
Links To External Sites
Our Service may contain links to external sites that are not operated by us.
If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services
Site May use Google AdWords for Remarketing
Https://www.journlia.com may use the remarketing services to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our site.
It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site, for example using the contact form to make an inquiry.
This could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page or a site in the Google Display Network.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page,
and if you want to you can opt-out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Journlia discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations.
that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Journlia’s behalf or to provide services available at Journlia’s website,
and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others.
Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Journlia’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
Journlia will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone.
Other than to its employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations.
As described above, Journlia discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental requests.
Or when Journlia believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Journlia, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of http://journlia.com and have supplied your email address.
Journlia may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Journlia and our products.
We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum.
If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Journlia takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Journlia may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website.
Journlia may display this information publicly or provide it to others.
However, Journlia does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
This site uses affiliate links and does earn a commission from certain links. This does not affect your purchases or the price you may pay.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Journlia uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
The terms of the Policy provided herein govern your use of any and all of the Applications and the information accessible on or from these Applications. The Policy also lays down how Journlia may collect, use and share any information you provide. Journlia reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time. Journlia recommends that you review this Policy periodically to ensure that you are aware of the current privacy practices.
This Policy shall be construed as provided in compliance with Information Technology Act, 2000 as amended and read with the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2019.
1. Collection of Information
1. Journlia may collect the following two types of information:
a. “Personal Information” which shall mean information which could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as your name, email address, registration account details, physical address or other relevant personal details; and demographic information, such as gender, pin code or similar information. For the purpose of this policy, sensitive personal data or information has been considered as a part of Personal Information, which may include information such as password, financial information (details of bank account, credit card, debit card, or other payment instrument details).
b. “Non-Personal Information” which shall mean information that does not identify you or any other individual, and includes session, web beacons and usage data, log data and aggregate information. We use this information to inter-alia deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our Application/website to the interests of our users, to measure traffic within our Application/website, to improve the Application/website quality, functionality and interactivity and let advertisers know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
c. Journlia may install cookies or other similar data collection software in your computer system/device for such purpose and you hereby consent to the same. We may use “cookies”, beacons or similar electronic tools to collect information to assign each visitor a unique, random number as a User Identification (User ID) to understand the user’s individual interests using the identified computer. Unless you voluntarily identify yourself (through registration, for example), we will have no way of knowing who you are, even if we assign a cookie to your computer. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply. A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive. Our advertisers may also assign their own cookies to your browser (if you click on their ads), a process that we do not control.
2. You represent that the information or data you provide from time to time is and shall be correct, current and updated and you have all the rights, permissions and consents to provide such information or data. Your providing the information or data and Journlia consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third party agreement, laws, judgments, orders or decrees.
2. Use of Information
1. You may need to provide Journlia with your Personal Information while registering yourself on any of the Applications. The information so provided by you to Journlia or otherwise captured by Journlia may be used for a number of purposes connected with Journlia business operations which may include the following:
a. Processing orders or applications;
b. Provisioning of services, testing or improvement of services, recommending various products or services including those of third parties;
c. Dealing with requests, enquiries and complaints, customer services and related activities;
d. Marketing products and services of Journlia and its analysis;
e. Responding to your queries and fulfilling your requests for information regarding the Applications;
f. Notifying you of any new offers or services of Network18 and sending you important information regarding the Applications, changes to any of Journlia policies and/or other administrative information;
g. Keeping you informed about the latest content available on the Applications and special offers with respect to the same;
h. Sending you surveys and marketing communications that Journlia believes may be of interest to you;
i. Conducting internal reviews and data analysis for the Applications;
j. Personalizing your experience while using the Applications by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to you;
k. If you wish to subscribe to any content package or service offered by Journlia through the Applications, for completing your purchase. (For example, to have your payments processed, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service);
l. Improving the services, content and advertising on the Applications;
m. Protecting the integrity of the Applications; and
n. Responding to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law.
2. Your Personal Information will be kept confidential to the maximum possible extent and will be used to support your relationship with Journlia, to notify you of any updated information and new activities and other related functions offered by Journlia. Any personally identifiable information provided by you will not be considered as sensitive if it is freely available and / or accessible in the public domain. Further, any comments, messages, blogs, scribbles etc. posted/uploaded/conveyed/communicated by users on the public sections of the Application becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Policy.
3. Journlia may use Personal Information to verify whether you are entitled to access and use the Applications and the products and services made available through the Applications. This Personal Information may also be used to enable Journlia to enhance your experience of the Applications.
4. Further, with respect to Non-Personal Information automatically collected and stored in files, Journlia uses this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the Applications, to learn about user behavior on the Applications, and to gather demographic information about the user base as a whole. Journlia may use this information in its marketing and advertising services. Journlia may also use such information to measure traffic patterns on the Applications. As Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, Journlia may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose.
1. Journlia does not sell or rent Personal Information. Personal Information may be disclosed under the following circumstances:
a. Journlia may disclose your Personal Information to its affiliates, group companies, consultants, vendors and contractors who provide various services including, contact information verification, payment processing, customer service, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, and other similar services, under confidentiality restrictions, in order to enable such vendor and service providers to provide the services subscribed to by you;
b. Journlia may provide your information or data to its partners, associates, advertisers, service providers or other third parties to provide, advertise or market their legitimate products and/or services which may be of your interest. You will have the choice to ‘opt out’ of such marketing or promotional communications at your will; and
c. As necessary or appropriate: (a) in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process whether local or foreign; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce terms and conditions; (e) to protect journlia rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of journlia affiliates, you or others; and (f) to allow journlia to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that journlia may sustain.
d. We may disclose to third party services certain personally identifiable information listed below:
i. Information you provide us such as name, email, mobile phone number.
ii. Information we collect as you access and use our service, including device information, location and network carrier.
e. This information is shared with third party service providers so that we can:
i. Personalize the app for you.
ii. Perform behavioural analytics.
2. Your consent being part of the terms and conditions through which journlia provide you with a service. your consent to collecting Personal and Non-Personal Information may be implicit or implied or through course of conduct.
3. Application may present display advertising and may collect data about traffic via Google Analytics or any equivalent analytical tool, Demographics and Interest Reporting.
4. Information Security and Storage
1. journlia uses reasonable security measures, at the minimum those mandated under the Information Technology Act, 2000 as amended and read with Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2019, to safeguard and protect your data and information. journlia implements such measures, as stated above, to protect against unauthorized access to, and unlawful interception of, Personal Information. You accept the inherent security implications of providing information over Internet/ cellular/data networks and will not hold journlia responsible for any breach of security or the disclosure of Personal Information unless journlia has been negligent.
2. Your information or data will primarily be stored in electronic form. However, certain data can also be stored in physical form. journlia may store, collect, process and use your data in countries other than the Republic of India but under full compliance with applicable laws. journlia may enter into agreement with third parties (in or outside of India) to store your information or data. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard your information or data and journlia will on commercial reasonable basis require such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information / data.
3.Not with standing anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, journlia shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event. A shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of journlia and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
5. Third Party Websites, Applications and Services
6. Access, Correction and Deletion
journlia provides you with all information that journlia maintains about you such as the transaction and contact information upon proper verification. This may be provided to you on request, in case you experience any doubts. You may request access and/or correct the information journlia has collected from you by contacting journlia at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you wish to have the information or data that you have provided to deleted, you can always do so by sending a request to us on the e-mail id. You may note that correction or deletion of certain information or data may lead to cancellation of your registration with the Application(s) or your access to certain features of the Application(s). You also agree and acknowledge that certain data or information cannot be corrected or deleted or prohibited to be deleted as required under any applicable law, law enforcement requests or under any judicial proceedings.